One Series Safety Transmitter
The One Series Safety Transmitter is a pressure or temperature monitoring transmitter switch that provides a NAMUR NE 43 standard 4-20 mA analog output. Its programmable high-capacity solid-state safety relay output enables the fastest emergency shutdowns.
The One Series Safety Transmitter is certified for use in SIL 2 functional safety applications (HFT = 0), and is capable of SIL 3 applications when augmented by redundancy and voting logic. Its simple design means fewer nuisance trips — for greater safety, productivity, and throughput.
The One Series Safety Transmitter was designed with features that simplify installation, improve productivity, and eliminate nuisance trips. “I Am Working” sensor diagnostics with redundant data processing detect open, shorted, and plugged sensing elements.
The transmitter’s analog output conforms to the NAMUR NE 43 standard and provides process variable (PV) and detected-fault information. Discrete outputs provide a fail-safe (open) emergency shutdown when a fault is detected. Set point and deadband (reset point) are 100% programmable.
The instrument is password protected to prevent unwanted parameter changes; eliminating the risk of tampering. In addition, LED backlighting enhances viewing of process variables, parameters, and status in dimly lit areas.
- Fewer nuisance trips for greater productivity
- More affordable than adapting a process transmitter for SIS
- Internal relay for faster emergency shutdowns
- Higher safe failure fraction simplifies SIL achievement
- 4-20 mA analog (NAMUR NE 43 standard, accuracy tested in real time)
- Safety Relay Output (SRO) — Solid state relay rated at 0-240 VAC @ 5 amperes, programmable for set point and deadband
- SRO Status — Indicates status of the safety relay output
- IAW Output — Indicates device health status
- Instrument response time: <100 milliseconds (SRO)
- SFF = 98.8%; PFDavg = 1.19×10-3
- Risk reduction factor: 840 to maximize safety integrity level (SIL) when used as a component in a safety-instrumented function (SIF)
- Redundant and diverse instrument amplifiers and A/D converters
- Diverse S/W algorithms process sensor data in parallel to ensure integrity
- Certified for use in SIL 2 safety systems by exida1, with SIL 3 capability
- Polyester-coated bright yellow aluminum Div. 1 Ex d casting — easily identifies SIF safety transmitter
- FMEDA report available upon request
- Large digital display provides process variable, status, self-diagnostics and field programming information
- 4-20 mA analog output with field scaling capability
- 100% programmable high-capacity safety relay (switch set point & deadband)
- Effectively replaces a gauge, transmitter and a switch to reduce potential leak paths
- Certified for SIL 2 plant safety applications with FMEDA report available
- Worldwide hazardous location approvals for Class I, Divisions 1 & 2 (Zones 1 & 2)
- Certified SIL 2 transmitter, PLC and safety relay functions combined
- Safe Failure Fraction of 98.8%
- Secure from cyber attack
- Simple setup and easy SIS upgrades
- Reduced SIS cost and complexity